Issues We Treat
- Angry Teens
- College Students
- Disconnected Couples
- Academic problems
- Career transitions
- Eating disorders -ARFID, AN, BN
- LGBTQ issues
- Life transitions
- Pressured, overwhelmed, "over achiever", gifted individual issues
- Parenting support
- Pregnancy / Postpartum issues
- Therapy for healthcare professionals
- Substance Abuse
- And many more...
- Individual Adult Therapy
- Child Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Adolescent or Teen Therapy
- Relationship Counseling
- Couples Therapy
- Nutrition Counseling
Q. Which books you recommend to clients the most?
- 123 Magic, Thomas Phlen (fantastic parenting book for ages 2-12 years old...not magic.
- Codependent No More, by Melody Beattie (Wonderful education on codependence, has a cult following. great read for all)
In our fast-paced lives waiting can be a source of frustration. We often try to distract ourselves while waiting or simply ruminate on why it is taking so long. By doing this we become less aware of our surroundings; we react negatively to the fact that things are not as we want them to be. While waiting may seem like a nuisance, it can be an opportunity for mindfulness.
Mental health professionals are understanding more about the importance of addressing and treating a child’s mental health. Mental health professionals are understanding more about the importance of addressing and treating a child’s mental health. As many as half of all lifetime cases of mental illness begin by about age 14 and signs may appear earlier, according to The National Institute of Mental Health, but treating children and helping their families manage mental health difficulties can prevent the development of disorders later.
First let me say at clarity we think C.B.T. is awesome! At Clarity Counseling Center we believe our therapy patients deserve the very best treatments-treatments that have empirical support. Fortunately, one of those treatments is available at clarity—it's called C.B.T.